**9/2/2021 UPDATE ** The NEXT CITY OF LYNDEN COUNCIL MEETING will be ONLINE via Microsoft Teams on Sept. 7th at 7:00 pm.**
Homeowners can ask follow up questions at the next council meeting BUT MUST SIGN UP BEFORE NOON the day of the meeting, Sept. 7th to speak.
To schedule “your 3 minutes” to address council, contact the city clerk at 360-255-7085.
Meeting agenda incorrectly states, in order to speak community members must sign up earlier than before noon, the day of the meeting, but the City Manager, advised and assured the petition organizer the above is correct.
Homestead parcel owners delivered the below petition (signed by 235 PRD owners) to the City of Lynden on August 19, 2021 (excerpt):
“We, the undersigned homeowners within the Homestead PRD hereby petition the City, the County, and the State as follows:
1. We petition the City to exercise its power to enforce the Ordinance and the PRD Contract and compel the declarant to complete the formation and organization of the Homestead Owners Association (“HOA”), as required by the Ordinance.
2. We petition the City to exercise its power to enforce the Ordinance and the PRD Contract and compel the declarant to divest itself of the Homestead PRD common open space and to transfer the common open space to the HOA.
3. We Petition the City to exercise its rights under the PRD Contract and review the Sixth and Seventh Amendments.
4. We Petition the City to exercise its rights under the PRD Contract and reject the Sixth and Seventh Amendments as mconsistent with the PRD Ordinance and the PRD Contract.
5. We petition The County to investigate the execution of the Sixth and Seventh Amendments to determine if they were lawfully signed by the declarant.
6. We petition The County to take such actions as are appropriate if the Sixth and Seventh Amendments were improperly or illegally recorded.
7. We petition the State to enforce the provisions of the COIA that are applicable to the Homestead PRD.”
If you would like more information about Homestead homeowners’ petition to the City of Lynden, please contact Lynn Button. Reach him via email: email@example.com